12 priority issues were pointed with 3 conditions of success during 400 sessions and events
The 6th Forum innovated with:
- A roadmap to achieve concrete commitments, involving experts and decision-makers from different sectors and regions of the world.
- A new commission, "Grassroots & Citizenship", to involve and mobilise civil society.
- A strengthening of the political process especially through significant contributions and commitments from parliamentarians and local and regional authorities from around the world.
- Debates on sensitive issues.
- Ensure Everyone's Well-Being
- Contribute to Economic Development
- Keep the Planet Blue
- Conditions for Success
Collected over 1,400 solutions using the online "Platform of Solutions"
Adopted a Ministerial Statement
Saw the particpation of 15 Heads of States and 112 high level officials
Furthered the implementation of the basic human rights to water and sanitation to secure human welfare and health.
Developed consistent policy recommendations covering water security, energy, food and the functions of water-related ecosystems
Ensured linkages were made with the Rio +20 Summit
The Korean delegation was led by the Prime Minister, saw the participation of the Ministry of Land, Transportation and Maritime Affairs, the Ministry of Environment, the Ministry of Administration and Safety, the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, Fishery, and Food, corporations, NGOs, and accounted 160 people