What is the Kick-off Meeting?
Why is the Kick-off Meeting important?
The results of the Kick-off Meeting will provide valuable input to the design of the 7th World Water Forum and to the two-year preparatory process to come.
As an initial multi-stakeholder platform event, the Kick-off Meeting will seek to propose a roadmap for the preparation of the Forum and to gather input from a wide range of stakeholders through facilitated discussion.
Participating in the Kick-off Meeting means joining the 7th World Water Forum at the earliest stage of the preparatory processes and taking the opportunity to help design and develop the Forum together with other colleagues from all around the world.
The Forum aims to contribute to creating a new path for human co-existence by addressing water challenges around the globe, discovering how to implement discussed solutions together and sharing knowledge and expertise.
Active participation, fruitful discussion and joint efforts at the Kick-off Meeting will help map out the pathway to a better World Water Forum and a better future for the planet.
Main Agenda for the Kick-off Meeting
Report on the 6th World Water Forum and review follow-up measures
Design and discuss the Thematic, Regional, Political, and Science & Technology Processes
Gather opinions on the overarching theme of the 7th World Water Forum, discussion mechanism, road maps, etc.
Aims and Objectives
- Raise awareness about the core value of the 7th World Water Forum
- Share the result of the 6th Forum and discuss how to link with the 7th Forum
- Collect ideas for the 7th Forum from Kick-off Meeting Participants and guide them to suggest innovative ideas and proposals
- Collect a wide range of ideas on the Thematic/Regional/Political/Science & Technology Processes, Forum structure, operation, etc.
- Ensure participants to be actively involved in the two year preparation and work closely with international peers
Share and have a clear understanding on the core value of the 7th Forum
Follow up the results of the 6th Forum
Take an initial step to prepare a innovative and creative Forum
Draw broad agreements on the strategic direction and structure of the Thematic, Regional, Political, and Science & Technology Processes
Share the preparatory process of the 7th Forum
Have a sense of ownership and cooperate with the world for the better World Water Forum and future