Daegu & Gyeongbuk Water Prize
The innovative award dedicated to water and implementation
The Daegu & Gyeongbuk Water Prize is an international award established by the local governments of Daegu city and Gyeongbuk Province. The prize will highlight the importance of actual implementation and the role of science & technology in the water sector.
The 7th World Water Forum highly focuses on implementation. The year of 2015 is especially meaningful since the world finally wraps up the Millennium Development Goals and sets the Sustainable Development Goals to pursue for the next fifteen years. The 7th Forum is the place where the water community discusses substantial action to reach those goals and suggests the action roadmaps.
The role of science & technology will be underlined in that those are the concrete tools to actualize valuable solutions.
In the 7th Forum, you will meet the three distinctive programs which represent the spirit of the 7th Forum: the Water Showcase, the World Water Challenge, and the Daegu & Gyeongbuk Water Prize.
The Water Showcase is a case competition and the World Water Challenge is a technical solution contest for difficult water-related problems. The most outstanding one from each program will win the Daegu & Gyeongbuk Prize.
Prize Winner and Award
- Two winners, one from the Water Showcase and the other from the World Water Challenge.
- The prize of KRW 30,000,000(or approximately USD $27,000) will be awarded for each winner at the closing ceremony of the 7th Forum
The winners are highly requested to use the prize money in following purposes and to present the result of their projects at the Daegu-Gyeongbuk International Water Week annually.
- Implement the winning project/idea
- Implement the project which is based on winning project/idea (i.e. an expanded project of the winning project/idea)
- Share the innovative implementation cases with others